Mopar bellhousing 440?

Anleitungen, Informationen, "How-To's"... (von User für User!)

Moderatoren: mohni, lilredridinghood

Antworten
thcmaly
Dreirad

Mopar bellhousing 440?

Beitrag von thcmaly »

Hello, I need help, I would like to buy a bellhousing lakewood for the big block mopar 440.
In the photo, this red, guy says that it fits the big block 440 383 mopar
And this black, guy I write that fits small block 318 340 and 360
As for me, there are two identical bellhousing, and the 727 automatic boxes have a different screw spread in the bigblock and small block.
Can you somehow tell if they will fit mopar 440?

Bild

Bild

Bild
bullitt
340-6

Re: Mopar bellhousing 440?

Beitrag von bullitt »

1.) both scatter shields seem to be big block versions.

2.) first pictures shows a newer version (notice bolt holes on the bottom? second picture scatter shield doesn't have them)

3.) scatter shield in first picture is modified. It should have three ears where the block saver plate mounts onto - those have been cut off. No big deal as the block saver plate is held with several more bolts. see picture below.

4.) where are the block saver plates? Without them the scatter shields are only half effective. The plates sandwich between the scatter shield and the block and save a) the block and b) the car/bystanders if the clutch/flywheel should explode from flying parts exiting to the front of the bellhousing (where the bellhousing hangs below the bock). see below for picture

Bild

Bild
thcmaly
Dreirad

Re: Mopar bellhousing 440?

Beitrag von thcmaly »

That's what I thought they were converted from lakewood 15330, I think it's not a problem, just buy a front steel plate and there will be a set
Antworten